- 1997 BSEE, Minor in Mathematics, Walla Walla College, College Place, WA
- 1999 MSEE, Focus on Signal and Image Processing, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
- Investigated how three-dimensional ultrasound (3D US) imaging can be used to assist surgeons during surgery. One example is automatic tracking of surgical instruments to assist the surgeon in navigation. I am also interested in improving the methods for forming 3D US images using 2D ultrasonic transducer arrays.
- When I'm not busy with research or classwork, you can often find me mountain biking, ballroom dancing, running, or rollerblading.